Kressly Pediatrics now offers Telehealth visits
We are here when you need us, in-person and virtually. Meeting you where you are, to provide the care you need.
What is a virtual visit? This is a consult/health check or sick visit with a Kressly Pediatrics pediatrician via video conferencing. Virtual care creates more convenience for you, and your child gets the quality care that you know and trust! Currently we only offer scheduled visits
with our trusted pediatricians.
- Currently, these are only scheduled visits. Call our office or the physician on call (after hours) to schedule a virtual visit.
- We provide visits for acute illnesses or chronic conditions for which we feel it is safe to provide care using virtual technology.
- During the COVID-19 pandemic, we may suggest connecting with you virtually so we can determine the most appropriate place for you to receive in person care.
Ask your insurance if your plan covers virtual visits. If the visit is not a covered benefit by your insurance, then the visit charge will be passed onto you for payment. Maximum out of pocket charges for a virtual visits is $50
With the COVID-19 Pandemic most
insurance companies are beginning to cover these visits so that you have a safe way to receive care.
Tech qualifications/Optimal visit environment:
- You may use your smartphone/tablet or home computer with a webcam and microphone.
- You will need to switch your browser to Chrome if using your computer.
- Download the app for anytimepediatrics and use our office code 5520 to register or click the link below.
- Log on and begin your appointment up to 15 minutes prior to your scheduled time.
- Make sure your child can interact with the camera if we ask him/her to come close and show us something specific (that may determine whether you use your phone or your computer).
- Please have good lighting.
- Make sure you have a strong internet connection.
- Please have your younger child stripped down so we can do a visual exam of their breathing and skin.
- If you are able: please check your child's temperature and weight. We may also want their height. For tips on how to get an accurate weight and height click here.
- Please have a flashlight available.
- Know your child's medications and have your pharmacy preference available.
- If the visit is for a rash or skin condition, use your smartphone and upload a picture into the chat feature once you enter the virtual visit.
Our virtual visit consent is embedded into our telehealth platform that you will acknowledge prior to each visit. In general, you should be aware of the following:
- If an emergency occurs during this telehealth encounter, you should call 911 and stay on the telehealth connection until help arrives.
- You may refuse telemedicine services at any time.
- Other health visit types are available: including office visits (in the office or parking lot during COVID19). In addition, there are other places to receive care in our community including Urgent Care and the Emergency Department. Please speak with us so we can help you decide the most appropriate place for care.
- All Telehealth visits are confidentially protected and HIPAA compliant. You will be informed of any other people present at either end of the telehealth encounter and have the right to exclude anyone from either location.
- The parent (if the patient is under 18 yrs old) has full access to notes from this visit unless otherwise protected by adolescent confidentiality statutes.
Extending our medical home to yours!
Click here To REGISTER FOR TELEHEALTH.
Limited Telehealth Well Visits
In order to connect with our families and make sure our patients remain up-to-date on well visits, Kressly Pediatrics will begin offering well visits by telehealth for select patients. Those patients who have vaccines that need to be received on schedule, infants and other identified patients remain best served by an in-person well visit in our office. We continue to take extraordinary measures to keep our office safe for well visits. Only some insurance companies will allow a well visit by telehealth and we are only able to offer this service for select age groups. If you are eligible for a well visit by telehealth our office team will assist you in scheduling.
All telehealth well visits will need to be followed up by a shorter follow-up visit (planned for over the summer) so that we can close any gaps in the visit that cannot be accomplished in a virtual environment (listening to heart and lungs, performing any lab tests, administering any deferred vaccines, getting office growth measurements and vital signs, etc.) The office staff will schedule a 10 minute brief appointment for sometime over the summer at the same time they schedule the telehealth well visit.
In order to have a successful telehealth well visit, please follow the steps below:
- Join the telehealth visit, and enter the waiting room at least 5 minutes prior to your scheduled visit
- Join by phone so you can better move/maneuver during the visit
- Complete any pre-visit surveys on the portal at least a day in advance of the visit (so the doctor can preview the results and be prepared to discuss any identified concerns)
- Obtain a weight and a height for your child the day of/before the visit and be prepared to tell us those measurements and how you obtained them
- Make sure there is good lighting in the room and have a flashlight handy (you will not be able to use the one on the phone that you are using to connect with us)
- Make sure you are in a room in your home with appropriate privacy. If this is a visit for a teenager, plan for them to be able to spend time alone with us at some point during the visit (just as you would be asked to wait in our waiting room if this was an in-person well visit)
- Teens will be asked to complete a questionnaire on anxiety/depression. Parents: please log on your portal in advance of the visit, find the survey to be taken, then give your teen privacy to answer the survey and submit.
- Have ready a list of all of the specialists that your child sees as well as any anticipated future follow-up appointments.
- Gather all medications your child takes (and keep them out of reach) so we can review during the visit
We look forward to connecting with you!