Preparing for Summer Vacation
Remember your child’s health and safety when packing for summer vacation. We recommend you add the following to your suitcase:
- Your Child’s Health reference book
- A working thermometer
- Sunscreen and bug spray
- Benadryl for allergic reactions and/or itching
- Hydrocortisone cream 1% for bug bites/itchy rashes
- Your insurance card. Also, be sure you KNOW your out-of town insurance options in an emergency.
- Your patience and understanding: children’s behavior can be unpredictable when they are in unfamiliar surroundings.
- Chronic medications for patients with medical conditions. (eg. Asthmatics should always travel with their rescue inhaler medications or nebulizer, even if they haven’t needed it in months.)